Thank you for your interest in employment at Wylie Thunder Road-Aberdeen, SD
Our employees work together to make the Thunder Road locations the best Family Fun Centers in the nation. We are particular as to whom we hire. Our standards are high, and we expect a lot from our employees, but the rewards are worth it!
Thunder Road wants to create a fun memorable experience for our guests & employees everyday.
We need our employees to help us accomplish our core focus by creating a fun, safe, and clean environment at our park.
Before you fill out the application for employment, take a look at our requirements and expectations:
- You must be dependable, honest, and hardworking.
- You might be scheduled for any shift. Sometimes you won’t get home until late in the evening.
- You must be able to work on evenings, weekends, and holidays. Holidays include Memorial Day, the Fourth of July, and Labor Day.
- You must be at least 16 years old.
- You must be able to work the entire season which typically runs from mid-April until October 1st.
- Whenever you are in uniform, you must always focus on guest service, safety, greet every guest with a smile, look every guest in the eye and offer to help, and thank every guest and invite them back.
- You need to interact with the guests and make them feel like they are welcome to Thunder Road.
Employees will do all of the following tasks:
- Ticket building – sell tickets, pop and make shave ice
- Bumper boats – load and unload the bumper boats and supervise the boats during the ride
- Control tower – run the control board and watch over the karts on the track
- Pit-check seat belts and make sure people stay seated and drive in the correct row, also make sure the height requirement and rules are being enforced
- Spins – help out when karts get stuck against the rail and make sure all rules are being enforced
- Euro Bungy – help people get in and out of the harnesses properly and help them have fun
- Mini-golf-sell tickets, make smoothies and sell pop to customers
- Laser Maze Challenge/Beam Buster – encourage customers through the maze
- And most importantly provide good customer service in a safe and clean environment
Employees may also be asked to perform any of the following tasks:
- Trim around fences and landscaping
- Spray weeds
- Power wash filters and the mini-golf ponds
- Trim plants at mini-golf
- Other miscellaneous jobs as needed
We also ask that our male employees don’t have long hair, ponytails, beards, or excessive facial hair. Earrings can be worn by women only. No unnatural hair colors are allowed. Everyone is expected to be well groomed and acceptable to our guests. We believe our codes contribute to the environment we create for our guests. This helps spell success. Happy customers stay longer, spend money, and tell others of their experiences.
If you think that you can meet our requirements and expectations, and you think that you would be a good employee, then please fill out the Aberdeen Wylie Thunder Road application for employment form to the right and submit it.
We will notify you soon of the next step in the application process.